Monday, January 19, 2009

Back to school

FAQ #17
If we just graduated a few weeks in December, why are we still at school?

Sometimes Jocelyn and I wonder if we will ever be done with school. We have been through high school, Bible school and now down here at the Missionary Training Center. Finally, the end is in sight.

After graduation last month, we felt kind of weird coming back here for more classes, but at the same time we are very happy to be here. Jocelyn will have some extra time to start learning Portuguese (along with many other projects and work), and I will be able to take the Linguistics course (an intense, extra semester language program).

Today was the first day of the new semester. Slightly ironic as it is actually a holiday.... but school started anyway :) Here are a few pictures of today's events.

Here we are on our way to class.


Nathaniel Shrift and I wore cowboy hats for fun!


Here are all the students and some of the staff of the MTC.


This is at the class kickoff supper.

No comments: