Monday, May 31, 2010

Nordeste Scouting Trip

Hi there,

Brian here.  This last week Joel, Arlen and I went on a 5 day long scouting trip in our state in the Nordeste (Northeast) to find some areas to film for the next episode of Tetelestai.  Our goal is to begin filming in the next couple weeks before we have to head back to the US, so we have our work cut out for us.  Anyways, during our trip we found some really interesting places ranging from rolling hills to rounded mountains to Arizona-like cactus covered wilderness.  Looking at the map of Brazil, we only covered a tiny little section of the country, but sometimes it felt like we were travelling forever.

 

DSC_5043 

Here is a grassy field south of where we live in Natal.  It was taken at about 6 am on the morning that we left.

 

 DSC_5266

This rather large rock is called Pedra da Boca (Rock with a mouth).

 

DSC_5886

This wonderful little pond was nestled between two valleys on the dry side of a dam.  The climb down was not easy, but it sure was a nice view.

 

DSC_6494

We climbed this rock that I took this picture from in less than an hour up and down.  Quite a hike and quite a view!

 

DSC_5950

This is the water at the second dam that we found on our trip.  The water was smooth and provided a cool reflection.

 

 DSC_6186

At the third dam we visited, we saw yet again how beautiful the dry side of  the dam is.  This massive rock formation is part of a huge overflow spillway in case the water gets too high.  Notice Joel and Arlen in the top right.

 

DSC_6463

This is a night shot of a mountain that we camped next to.  The stars were wonderful and the moon seemed as bright at the sun.

 

DSC_5795 

I got the idea for this picture from Victor.  This is all one exposure and no editing!  I took the flashlight and made the beam between them.

Those are just eight out of 1,482 pictures that I took on our trip.  I am sure that you don’t want to see all of them, but if you want to see more, I am going to post some more of them on facebook.

 

In other news…

Our 4th anniversary is this week!  Jocelyn is super happy that Brian is home from his trip early and that we’re able to celebrate our anniversary TOGETHER!!!

DSC_4521 

 

Thanks for reading,

Brian

No comments: