Monday, September 05, 2011

In other news…

We haven’t blogged in a while. Okay, we haven’t blogged in over 7 months. To be honest, we haven’t really had a lot to say.

And then just a couple weeks ago, I (Jocelyn) started a brand-new blog. So…… What’s the news that’s worth blogging about?

We’re adopting!!!

Okay, so that’s not exactly new—we’ve been talking/praying/planning/researching/learning/reading/etc… about adoption for several years now. But now we’ve changed gears from passively observing to actively participating.

Just this last Thursday, we received our acceptance letter to Antioch Adoptions! (the adoption agency of our choice) Woohoo!!

DSC_1196

Adoption takes a while—quite often, longer than nine months! This new blog (although not limited to one subject or audience) is being written with our child(ren) in mind. Hopefully, as they grow up in our home, we can share stories of everyday life when we were waiting, hoping and praying for them. As many of these posts (especially about adoption) will be written for our kids, they’ll be addressed to child(ren) from mom (to be). Yet, as I’m not a mom yet, I can’t fully claim that title (which is why all proper family titles (i.e., mom, dad, grandma, uncle) are simply initials). Some posts –specifically for our kids–will remain private, although most posts–especially ones that have to do with progress in our adoption– will be as public as a library.

Why all this writing?? Because. Stories. Are. Important.

(And ’cause we can’t keep up with everyone on the phone about our latest adoption news!)

“Tell me a fact, and I’ll learn. Tell me a truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.”

– Steve Sabol

So anyway, if you’re interested in reading about kids we haven’t even met yet, the super cool team at Antioch, paperwork, State of Washington parenting classes, what we’re learning and the like, feel free to click on over to www.jocelynjoy.wordpress.com

Expectantly,

Jocelyn (& Brian)

No comments: