Sunday, April 22, 2007

Camping

Hey!!
My goodness it has been a while. Jocelyn and I have been super busy for the last few weeks, so it has been hard to keep up with the blog as well. The whole last week I have been a little under the weather with a cold, so I was trying to recover from that, but I heard from the supervisors at work that I would not be working on Saturday. Victor and Schuyler had been asking me to go camping, so I thought that it would be a good time to do it. I don't know when the next Saturday I will have free, so I wanted to take the opportunity.

Victor called me early in the week to see if it would work out and I told him to plan on it, but not completely certain of my availability. On Friday afternoon though, I talked with Victor again and he had thought that we were not going to be camping because he was involved in a big birthday party for one of his friends. The party was later on Saturday though, so it worked out in the end, but we did have to communicate with Victor's parents to make sure that they knew we were going to take care of all the details and would not be depending on them for getting everything ready, or for that matter cleaning it all up afterwards.

Victor did have to go practice dancing for the party, so Schuyler and I set up camp and got the fire going. It took like 30 some matches to get it going but it worked. I am not a fire builder, just a pyro. :) We had some fun waiting and finally Victor came and then even a little later their dad showed up to hang out with us. We talked for a while and took some pictures. It was very laid back and relaxing. The fire burned well and there wasn't much smoke. I took one of the fire sticks and drew letters in the darkness and Victor used his mother's nice camera to take pictures of it over a few seconds time so that all the letters showed up on the "film". It was cool and we have the pictures, I just don't have them right here, so I will try to get them soon. Their dad went off to do some other things and we headed off to bed. Victor and I talked for a few hours so when it was time to sleep I was ready and I was out quick.

When we woke up, I went down to the stream by the campsite and washed my face in the cold water. It felt really good. We cooked some chicken over the fire and ate cookies for breakfast as well. The fire was substantially smokier in the morning, but we survived. After breakfast, we took out the camera and took funny pictures. We also climbed in a tree and Victor hung upside down. It was very fun. Later we took Schuyler's slingshot and shot rocks down the hill. When we were bored with that, we took down the tent and packed everything up and went home. As far as I know, we all had an enjoyable time.

There are some other pictures here

1 comment:

Victor Horky said...

Yes, I had a very nice time, thanks for coming.

I'll put my blog about it on my blog soon.