Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowy weekend

It's been a while!!!
This weekend was very busy. We are getting ready to leave for Phoenix for Christmas break and all the students are excited! One of my best friends who I grew up in Africa came to visit his family who live here on campus. Joel along with his wife Stefanie and their 2 month old daughter Sarina arrived last week and we have been enjoying having them here. Jocelyn was signed up to go to a ladies brunch on Saturday morning, so Joel and I decided to get together and hang out. We spent the morning putting together Lego sets. Let me explain...

Ok, Joel's sister is raising money for a choir trip. Someone heard about it and donated a bunch of Lego sets to go towards the cost of the trip. Joel's dad, has been putting the sets together to make sure all the parts are there and taking pictures of them in order to sell them on Ebay. He has already sold a few, but there is much work to be done, so he commissioned Joel and I to help him put the sets together and take the pictures.
I went over to their house around 11am and spent most of the day there. It had just started to snow the night before, and more was due to some before the end of the day. Joel and I each put together a set and then completed on that Joel's dad had started. It was a very busy day for their family so everyone was in and out all day. It reminded us all of being back in the village. Joel and I use to play together all the time because our parents worked in the same village. It was fun to reminisce about some of the crazy things we did when we were growing up. Jocelyn came over in the afternoon and we all hung out and they let us eat supper with them. We went outside and had a snowball fight and tried to sled down the hill on a broken sled. They just don't make them like they used to. :)
Today, we decided to stay in for church instead of risking the drive to town on the slick roads. We went over to one of the other families that I grew up with and had church with them. After church Jocelyn and I had a meeting for one of our classes. What I didn't know was that there was another meeting scheduled for the same time, so I missed the first part of that meeting. I did make it in the end though. After some brief relaxation reading a book, we headed off to a going away party for a lady who worked with my parents who is going back to Ivory Coast. It was fun to be there with so many people who I grew up with.
This new years is going to be very memorable. Even more of my friends are going to come and visit, so we are going to have a new years party! I am looking forward to that a lot! Anyway, hope you have a nice day.

Bri

No comments: