Friday, February 23, 2007

Serving it up

As probably a lot of you know, I have had several different websites and other various things online like the message board and this blog. Just a few days ago, I finally got something to work that I have wanted to do for quite a long time. I have created my own server on my computer that I built last month. Now I can choose what I want to put on it and do whatever I want with it, within reason of course. I have a link to my Google website here on my blog, and from there, the link to the pictures which are hosted straight from my computer. It will make it much easier to change the pictures more often, so we shall see how it turns out.
It took me a long time to get it all to work. It involved opening ports on my router, opening ports on the DSL router, and finally making my firewall on the computer play nice as well. I am excited about it, and I hope that you can enjoy it as well.

-Bri

No comments: