Last night I had the privilege of going out with 26 other men in the church to go go-karting. It was fairly expensive; however we all decided after it was over that it was worth it. We had a blast. We went to a place where the cars run with electric motors rather than gas engines. It made it a lot quieter and I'm sure much warmer. It seemed like quite a small track when we got there, but it had some really sharp corners and fun stuff like that.
The way it worked at that place was everyone had to sign up on the computer (which took a little over an hour) and then it would put us all into teams of 4 people. They only let 4 out on the track at once and we were racing against the clock rather than trying to pass people. We would have had a lot more crashing. The goal was to get the best lap time. We each got two races of 10 laps each, so the races only lasted about 5 minutes each.
I was actually in the very first race, so I got to watch all the other guys go after me and wish that I had done better, but I didn't do too bad on my first race. I was a lot of fun even though we had to wait to go again. They had two pool tables set up and free soda. The cars all had sensors or something in them so we could keep track of all the lap times and see who was doing the best. After each race they would have a printout for each racer to see how they did compared to everyone else.
Finally everyone had gone once and they started everyone over again. They mixed up all the guys
Some of us went to Denny's afterwards and just talked for a while and laughed a lot. Needless to say I got home late.
No comments:
Post a Comment